(PWR) Meeting minutes...PETITIONING THURSDAY IN THE UC

From: alexa sorock (asorock@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 11:37:30 EST

Hello everyone. Yesterday we had a really good meeting and went over a few
things that everyone should know about.

1. Petitioning yesterday went really well.

WE WILL BE PETITIONING AGAIN TOMORROW, THURSDAY, FROM 10:30-4:30 in the UC.

Please come by and help out!If you are someone who had never come to a
meeting but gets our emails, please come by and sign the petition. Or, if
you are interested in circulating some petitions, please email me at
asorock@andrew.cmu.edu and I will forward the file to you. Please help! Our
goal is 1,000 petitions by the time we meet with President Cohen in
mid-December.

2. We are planning an FTAA info session for people after the rally in
Miami, while the topic is still in the news, and on people's minds. That
should be during the last week of school.

3. And finally, we are also planning a movie screening for Martin Luther
King Jr. Day: At the River I Stand. We hope to emphasize Dr. King's belief
in worker's rights to our campus community, and especially the
administration.

These are the things going on with us! Feel free to email us if you'd like
to help out with any of these events.

Thanks,
Alexa