(PWR) SURG interview questions

From: Alisha Bhagat (abhagat@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 13:36:06 EST

Hey guys,
I met with Tak and we decided that it would be better if we had an exact
set of questions so we can get those interviews rolling as soon as school
starts. I want to keep them around 15 min, as workers probably don't get
much longer for break. This is a draft of questions, if you have any
suggestions or changes, please send them to me ASAP as I need a final copy
by Sunday night.

1. How old are you? Are you married? How many children do you have?
2. What is your job description/title?
3. What are you expected to do at your job?
4. Do you think that you make a living wage, enough to support yourself and
your family on?
5. Do you think your employer could afford to pay you a living wage?
5. How do you feel you are treated by faculty and students at CMU?
6. What benefits would you like to recieve from your job?
7. What is your opinion on students and teachers on campus fighting for a
living wage for workers?

This seems pretty basic, again, please get back to me if you have any
suggestions or changes.
Another order of business is that I am picking up the check with Wenshu
today. As we were planning on recording the interviews on casette tape, I
was wondering how many tape recorders or blank tapes that people had (so we
can spend more of the budget on food for workers). Tak also suggested a
mini disc player. If we don't have many tape recorders its worth
considering, but it would eat up about half of the budget.

Here is the url for human subjects procedure, it seems we need a lot more
than that online test. I have asked the research office for an appointment,
but that probably won't happen until next semester.
Here is the info if anyone wants to check it out

http://www.cmu.edu/adm/uri/surgFSet.html

Have a great break everyone!
Alisha