(PWR) Thursday's meeting -- 6:30pm TIME CHANGE

From: mtoups@andrew.cmu.edu
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 03:05:06 EST

Ok, so this week's PWR meeting will be pushed back
to 6:30pm. We will meet in UC 318g (or 318 if possible).

The reason for pushing the meeting back is that
many PWR folks want to attend the debate on the
Iraq War in McConomy at 5pm.

Becuase of the time change, we will not be meeting
with WenShu's CPS contact until this weekend or next week.

However, we've got:

* a pamphlet to put the finishing touches on
* buttons to make
* plans for tabling after thanksgiving to finalize
* plans for a possible benefit show next semester to talk about
* a follow-up from Wednesday's faculty senate meeting from
myself and Alexa

also, there's a lot going on with USAS nationally --
we just got a big mailing of stuff in the mailbox and
i've appended below an email with a bunch of the stuff
they're working on.

The topic of whole foods market has come up in the last
couple of meetings, what with them being new in Pittsburgh
and having a somewhat questionable record on labor issues.
People have asked me about the web sites i've referred to
so here are some good links:

"Whole Foods Invades Pittsburgh"
http://indypgh.org/news/2002/09/73.php

"Whole Foods Market and the B-1 Bomber"
http://www.zmag.org/ZMag/articles/steinberg.htm

Whole Foods workers' union site
http://www.wholeworkersunite.org/

An organizer from UFCW Local 23 has expressed interest
in coming in and talking about this and other issues --
and they're a big part of the Wal-Mart action which is
mentioned below.

Okay, that's it. See you tomorrow. 6:30 not 5.
UC 318g.

peace
matt

(don't forget to bring people to the war debate at
5pm in mcconomy -- good speakers, hosted by scott sandage)