(PWR) USSA Reconsideration: Tell Your Friends

From: Erik Michaels-Ober (ekmichae@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 08:22:29 EST

Last Thursday, I submitted a petition with 269 signatures -- over 5% of the
Undergraduate Student Body -- to get Student Senate to reconsider its vote
on a United States Student Association (USSA) referendum. This Thursday,
Senate will vote again on the issue. I was hoping everyone could attend
the Senate meeting, if only for 5 minutes, to express their support for the
referendum.

The meeting will be held this Thursday, November 6, at 5:30 PM in the
McKenna/Peter/Wright Room in the University Center. You will be able to
speak during the Audience Participation portion of the meeting, which is at
the beginning, so don't be late. Even if public speaking makes you
nervous, just showing up and saying, "I am here to show my support for the
USSA referendum," would be great!

For those who are unfamiliar with the USSA, it is the country's oldest and
largest national student organization, representing millions of students.
USSA believes education is a right and works on building grassroots power
among students to expand access to education. The referendum seeks to make
Carnegie Mellon a campus member.

Tell your friends and bring them with you to the meeting! If you are
planning to come, please send me an e-mail so that I can get a rough idea
of how many people will be there. Those who cannot attend, can send e-mail
to ss2p@andrew.cmu.edu and ask that their comments be read at the meeting.

Thanks,
Erik