(PWR) Meeting Tuesday and Justice for Janitors Benefit show Friday

From: mtoups@andrew.cmu.edu
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 16:24:01 EDT

PWR MEETING Tuesday Oct 21, 5pm
Location: CMU Women's Center

We had a very productive meeting Saturday with a group of
CMU Janitors as well as a spirited demonstration downtown Friday.
We're following this up with a petition drive for Equal Rights
for Janitors and will have petitions to distribute and work to do!
Plus future plans for the next Justice for Janitors demonstrations,
an update on our relationship with the Anti-Sweatshop code of conduct,
and plans to meet with CMU administrators for affect change.

see yall tomorrow.

Also, here's info on a benefit show happening friday for the
justice for janitors campaign. We can make plans to go at
the meeting.

------------------

Dance in solidarity! The Service Employees International Union Local 3 is
throwing a Justice for Janitors benefit this Saturday at the Shadow
Lounge. Right now, the 800 janitors who work in Pittsburgh's downtown
office buildings are fighting for healthcare for their families in their
new contract. As the janitors prepare to strike, this benefit will help
raise money for their strike fund and also raise awareness about what's
going on. Join the downtown janitors this Saturday!

The details:

Saturday 10/25/03, 9 pm, $7

Shadow Lounge

5972 Baum Blvd (East Liberty)