(PWR) No Sweatshops, Bucco

From: Nuveen Marwah (nmarwah@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 14:07:04 EDT

Anti-sweatshop activists across the country are starting a campaign against
Major League Baseball and the corporations that manufacture their
merchandise. In Pittsburgh, The No Sweatshops, Bucco campaign will
periodically be at PNC Park educating Pirate fans about the deplorable
conditions in which their Pirate merchandise is made.
        The next action will take place (on mothers' day) Sunday May 12 starting
at 2:30. We will be discussing what we want from the MLB, teams, and fans.
Then we will be passing out leaflets to the masses. I attached a letter
from Ken Miller, from the IWW, who is taking charge of this campaign. If
you'd like to get on the No Sweatshop, Bucco dlist or have any questions,
email him. Or, you can email me. Everyone should come out and support the
campaign.

Nuveen