(PWR) quick meeting and local currents tonight

From: mtoups@andrew.cmu.edu
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 12:06:07 EDT

We're going to have a quick meeting tonight in porter
hall 100 to touch base on plans and invitations for
the student/worker end of the year bbq, followed by
the movie "behind the labels." (you should have already
received email on the movie, it is good and not very long)
that's at 6:30pm.

also, later at 8pm our own Prof. John Soluri will be leading
local currents in mudge, info below.
(also look out for email about a may day event at
pitt featuring a member of the charlston 5)

----

:. Local Currents Encore .:

"Is Eating Organic Enough? Agriculture in the 21st Century"

Date: Tuesday April 30 @ 8pm Location: Mudge Piano Lounge

This promises to be an enlightening, engaging, and thought-provoking discussion on many levels - local and global. All are welcome to attend!

Professor John Soluri (CMU, History) leads the final discussion in the Local Currents Spring 2002 series. Trained in both Latin American history and environmental policy, Soluri's work focuses on the relationship between social and ecological change. The discussion will span from international agricultural relations (recall the film "Life and Debt") to consumer culture and the transformation of agricultural products into "cuisine".

visit: http://www.lifeanddebt.org for info about the film (shown here last week) and related issues

This *really* is the last email about the Local Currents Spring 2002 series! Many thanks to all faculty, staff, and students who helped with planning, leading, and participating in the discussions. Look out for Local Currents to continue next semester - planning help is always welcome! contact: alt@andrew.cmu.edu.