(PWR) TODAY: Living Wage Workshop & "Occupation", 6:30pm PH 100

From: People for Workers' Rights (pwr@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 03:42:36 EDT

PWR presents: a workshop on the living wage on campus
Tuesday, April 9, 6:30pm.
Porter Hall 100, CMU.

The Popular Economics workshop is a 30 minute
interactive presentation developed by Pittsburgh's
Alliance for Progressive Action. It uses role playing,
charts and handouts while covering changes in the economy
over the past 40 years, the local economic picture, factors
that create changes in wealth and income, and what people
can do to make a difference.

AND if you're WONDERING "what can I DO?" ...
immediately afterward:

"Occupation": the film and speaking tour
Tuesday, April 9, 7:00pm.
Porter Hall 100, CMU.

Occupation is a 45-minute film on the sit-in protest
that was the culmination of the Living Wage Campaign
at Harvard University. In addition, we're fortunate
to have speakers from that campaign, one students and
two workers to speak about their experiences
and lend their advice to our community.
The speakers and film will follow the workshop
at 7pm.

Free food will be provided.