(PWR) the day of infamy & highschool outreach

From: mtoups@andrew.cmu.edu
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 00:00:52 EST

News on the pirates anti-sweatshop campaign:
four PWR members from CMU went to PNC park saturday morning
to spread the movement to pirates fans and narrowly missed
getting arrested. however some of our friends from other
schools were not so lucky, read more below. let us know
if you want to go to the court date and support.

Also, Tim Vining, director of the thomas merton center,
has invited PWR to speak to a group of high school students
interested in activism about USAS and the larger student/labor
movement. this will be thursday (first day of midsemester break),
in lieu of our weekly meeting. email me if you can come along.
we mainly want to speak about what we've been up to and help
inspire young people to make a difference.

Anyway, have a good midsemester break. when everyone
gets back we'll have a date for the keady/kretzu speaking
engagement, the living wage workshop, and maybe even
sweat-free t-shirts (by the way, keep working on those
design ideas).

peace
matt