(PWR) 2/28/2002 update

From: mtoups@andrew.cmu.edu
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 10:58:58 EST

Hey,

As brad annouced, meeting today (thursday), class of 1987 room, 5:30pm.
Lots of stuff is going on with the MLB campaign. (action on saturday)

Also we are making progress on the speaker funding front,
and our special allocation goes before the full student
senate body tonight at 6pm. I'd appreciate it if a few
of ya'll could come along and support us before the senate.

Thanks to those of you who signed our petition to the
university administration, including the President.
We had over 200 signitures and were able to present it
to the President, which has resurrected the issue. The
code of conduct and the university's relationship to
sweatshops was even mentioned at his town hall meeting
on tuesday.

Finally, thanks again to those who helped with monday's
tabling and fundraiser. If you gave us food in a container
that you want back, we have them, come by the meeting room to
get your tupperware and whatever else.

also:
We talked about the world economic forum a month ago and
several PWR members drove to new york to participate in the
large peaceful protests held in midtown manhattan. we
passed around photos at subsequent meetings, but if you
missed em they're now scanned, check it out:
http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~pwr/photos/wef/

and...
Check out tonight's zfilms presentation of "the new rulers
of the world" which addresses the issues of globalization and
labor that affect millions of people. The more we know about
such systems of oppression, the better equipped we are to
fight them. Tonight at 8:30pm in PH100, and also saturday.

http://zi-activism.net/groups/zfilms/2002/new_rulers.html

-matt