PWR-USAS Calendar

From: mtoups@andrew.cmu.edu
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 13:48:02 EST

* upcoming PWR USAS meetings:

  - Thursday, Nov 29, UC Dowd Room, 5:30pm.
  - Thursday, Dec 6, UC McKenna Room, 5:30pm.

We want to get as many people to sign our petition about the
code of conduct as possible -- we should be tabling on campus
sometime soon. More info will follow.

* other events/meetings of interest:

  - Tuesday, Nov 20, Major League Baseball anti-sweatshop meeting
    2756 West Liberty Ave., CWA Union Hall, 10am. Meet Communication
    workers of America Union reps with Pitt Students in Solidarity and Ken Miller.
    Student reps are wanted, contact me if you can make it, rides available.

  - Also Tuesday, Nov 20, Demonstration for a Living Wage, Grant & 5th
    Ave, downtown PGH, 4:30pm. The Pittsburgh Living Wage ordinance is at
    a critical point and we need massive popular pressure to get it through.

  - Tuesday, Dec 11, Major League Baseball Sweatshop exposition, 7pm.
    contact: Ken Miller, pgh_iww_iu450@yahoo.com, (412) 231-2085.
    More info soon.

  - Wednesday, Dec 12, CMU Campus, UC McKenna Room, 7pm.: PLANTA
    Pittsburgh Labor Action Network of the Americas meeting,
    including a presentation by Dan Kovalik who has just returned from
    Nicaragua where he was serving as an election observer.
 --> This is on campus so everyone at CMU/Pitt should check it out. <--

[again, if you want to get zfilms announcements,
please send an email to majordomo@lists.andrew.cmu.edu with
the line "subscribe zfilms-thebuzz" in the body of the message.]

Enjoy thanksgiving break, everyone.

Matt

PWR Website:
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/org/usas