Research Interests:algorithms, operations research, scheduling, foundations of machine learning, distributed computing, and large data analysis.
- Backprop with Approximate Activations for Memory-efficient Network Training.
Paper. Project Website.
- Kefu Lu. Expected Graduation Summer 2019. First position: Washington and Lee University
- Thomas Lavastida
- Yuyan Wang
- Rudy Zhou
- Matt Abbott. 2017 Summer REU.
- Bryce Bagley. 2017 Spring and Summer.
- Geoff Converse. 2016 Summer REU. → PhD student in applied mathematics at the University of Iowa
- Alyssa Shofner. 2016 Summer REU.
- Roman Blum. 2015-2016 research project.→ CS PhD student at Brown University
- Blakeley Hoffman. 2015 Summer REU and independent study Fall 2015. → CS Student at MIT
- Diqiu Zhou. 2015 research project.
- Associate Editor for Operations Research Letters (ORL)
- Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE)
- Special Issue of Journal of Scheduling devoted to selected papers from the 2016 Seminar on New Challenges in Scheduling Theory Seminar
- Special Issue of Journal of Scheduling devoted to selected papers from the 2014 Seminar on New Challenges in Scheduling Theory Seminar
I will be or have been on the program committees for:MAPSP 2019, AAAI 2018 , WSDM 2018, SODA 2018, KDD 2017 (Senior PC), ESA 2017, AISTATS 2017, IPDPS 2017, WSDM 2017, WAOA 2016, HiPC 2016, IPDPS 2016, SPAA 2016, MAPSP 2015, COCOON 2015, COCOON 2014, ISAAC 2013, WAOA 2013