- Clicking on "Unmodified" loads the structure for the
non-mutated or unmodified enzyme in complex with a tight binding inhibitor
that contains a cyclohexane group. Clicking on Mut+cyclohexane will load the
structure of the mutant enzyme and the original (cyclohexane) drug.
Clicking on any of the buttons labeled 'Drug' loads the structure
of the mutant enzyme with one of the particular drugs.
- Clicking on "Simple View" shows the backbone atoms, the bound substrate in
thick sticks+balls, and the sidechains of some important residues in thinner sticks.
- Selecting "# 82 (grey)" will place a grey surface on the side-chain atoms of residue 82.
- Selecting "Inh (green)" will place a green surface on the bound drug.
- Selecting "Mod. Pep. Bond (red)" will place a surface over the atoms on the drug that would normally be a peptide bond.
- Selecting "Cat. Asps (yellow)" will place a yellow surface over both active site aspartates (one from each chain).