Instructions: The right and left panels are equivalent, you can load any protease into any window.
- Use the button to load the desired enzyme into the window.
- You must use the checkboxes next to the button you used to load the enzyme, they will only work on that enzyme.
- "+/- Sub" will toggle the structure of the bound substrate (trypsin and elastase) or product (chymotrypsin).
- "+/- Zoom" will zoom in on the bound substrate.
- "+/- Pock" will display/remove sidechains in the specificity pocket, the new sidechains will be colored lighter gray.
- "+/- PockSur" will draw a surface on the residues in the specificity pocket that contact the substrate. This may require 10-60 seconds to draw.
- "+/- Trans" will make the surface solid or translucent.
- "+/- Space" will draw van der Waals spheres on the sidechain atoms of the substrate in the specificity pocket.