Homework 5: Due March 4
Three terminals A, B, and C are to be connected to three computers D, E and F so that A is connected D, B to E and C to F. All are in different cities. A and D are 1500 miles apart as are B and E and C and F. The locations of the terminals are 25 miles apart (i.e., A is 25 miles from B and C and B is 25 miles from C). The same is true for the locations of the computers D, E and F.
- If telephone lines cost $1 per mile, what is the line cost for three independent lines?
- If a multiplexer/demultiplexer pair costs $2000, can you save money by another arrangement of lines? If so, how much?
- what is the switching technique used in the PSTN?
- what is common channel signalling? Name three services that it enables on the PSTN?
- Answer the following questions after reading the Booz, Allen, Hamilton study on the telecommunications network for the State of Maryland.
Go back to the Homework Page
Go back to the Course page