Issues relevant to reading and analyzing cases
The framework that is shown below is useful in understanding any use
of information technology. All your case analyses should include a
discussion of the material in the case using this framework.
- Goals: What does the system attempt to accomplish?
- People:Who are the people/groups who will use this system?
- Information:What kinds of information are processed by the system? E.g., data, image, video, voice, etc.
- Information Technology:What kinds of information technlogy are used in the system?
- Work Practices: How is work perfomed by people and technology?
How is the system integrated into work practices? Is the way in which
it is used different from anticipated use? What are the relevant
managerial issues (e.g., security, costs) that arise in managing the
work practices enabled by the technology?
Go back to the HomeworkPage
Go back to the Course Page