(PWR) M&M's Fair Trade organizers!

From: Deborah James (deborah@globalexchange.org)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 16:58:22 EST

Hey Fair Traders!

Global Exchange's campaign to get Fair Trade M&M's officially kicks off on
March 30th! M&M/Mars is currently asking consumers to vote for a new color
and we are working to swing the vote towards ³Fair Trade Certified, the
color of dignity and freedom!" On March 30th, Fair Trade supporters across
the USA will be going to their biggest local movie theaters to ask people to
fill out special Fair Trade "write in ballots." The balloting runs through
May 31 so local events will continue until then.

Below you will find a listing of local organizers for this campaign. Please
get in touch with your local contact to find out what's happening and how to
get involved! If you don't see a person listed for your area, it is easy to
organize something - we can send you everything you need (special ballots,
flyers, background information, and more)! To receive the materials, just
E-mail melissa@globalexchange.org. Let's all get together to tell M&M's "No
matter what the shade, make my M&M's Fair Trade!!"

You can also help in the following ways:

€ Send a FREE FAX from our website!
http://www.globalexchange.org/cocoa/faxMMMars031402.html

€ VOTE for Fair Trade Certified M&M¹s at the M&M¹s color vote website. Go
to http://gcv.mms.com/us/, choose ³Write in Your Own Color,² type ³Fair
Trade Certified!² in the box, and click to submit your vote!

€ WRITE to M&M/MARS: Paul Michaels, President, M&M/Mars Inc., 6885 Elm St.,
McLean, VA 22101
See http://www.globalexchange.org/cocoa/faxMMMars031402.html for a sample
letter

€ E-Mail: M&M/MARS at consumer.affairs@mmmars.com, askmms@mmmars.com