Object Oriented Programming Java

[ Home | Schedule |Syllabus | Course description ]

Course Description


95-712 is a one-semester, 12-unit course which covers the fundamentals of object oriented programming using the Java language.  We will cover  object oriented principles such as abstraction, composition, classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism, and interfaces.  We will study how these concepts can be implemented in the Java language. Along the way, we will have the occasion to visit many of the common ways that objects and classes can be organized (design patterns) to solve a variety of problems.

There will be two exams and three quizzes covering 60% of the course. The remaining 40% of the course will consist of completing between five and seven programming projects. The course is programming intensive. In most cases, the programming projects will be completed by individuals rather than teams. 

Last Updated May, 2008