Community Analysis Project
This project will introduce the student to the elements of planning an effective collection development program for the institution they are serving. Data collection will aid in the planning process by providing information required to formulate policy, select materials, and evaluate the collection based on audience needs.
Each project should contain:
- Community Description: an introduction to the model library setting.
- Geographic Service Area: define the geographic boundaries of your constituency.
- Description of the Audience
- Pick one element of the external environment to gather statistics on: e.x. population, area businesses and industry, educational opportunties, cultural/recreational, local information services, etc.
- Provide a short bibliography of sources you consulted for this project.
- Provide graphs/appendices if possible. See example in class.
- Length: No more than 7 pages. Due March 17, 2001.