Next: Takeout Doubles
Up: Bridge Bidding
Previous: Responses over 2NT
- 1 level
- 8-15 pts 5+ card suit. (Note: weaker hand requires
ie. for 8 pt hand, should have 2 of top 5 honors in suit)
- 15-17 hcp (as if opened originally with no interference)
- 2 level (non-jump)
- 10-15 pts 5+ card suit.
See note under 1 level overcalls.
- 2 level (jump)
- 5-11 pts 6+ card suit.
(most of points in suit bid)
Same as an opening weak 2 bid.
- 7-12 pts, at least 5 cards in each of two lower unbid suits
This is called an Unusual No Trump bid.
- 2NT/1 shows , (5 cards in each);
- 2NT/1 shows ,;
- 2NT/1 or 1 shows , )
- 3 level
- 4-10 pts 7+ card suit
(no outside A or K, i.e. no A or K outside
the suit bid). Same as an opening preemptive 3 bid.
- 4 level
- Same as 3 level except a longer suit (8+ cards).