I am a senior PhD student in the ECE department at Carnegie Mellon University. My research interests lie in the intersection of networks and systems and
my high-level goal is to enhance system reliability through performance predictability and insightful analytics. My thesis is on the design and development of scalable,
real-time telemetry systems for approximate, multidimensional analytics, with a special focus on analytics for video streaming platforms. Prior, I also worked
on building mechanisms for performance prediction in NFV.
I am very fortunate to have a great team supporting me. I am advised by Vyas Sekar and also collaborate very
closely with Justine Sherry. Prior to CMU, I received my engineering diploma from the National Technical University
of Athens, Greece (2015).
- SLOMO: Contention-Aware Performance Prediction for Virtualized Network Functions
Antonis Manousis, Rahul Anand Sharma, Vyas Sekar, Justine Sherry
In Proceedings of the 2020 ACM SIGCOMM Conference
- Sketchy With a Chance of Adoption: Can Sketch-Based Telemetry Be Ready for Prime Time?
Zaoxing Liu, Hun Namkung, Anup Agarwal, Antonis Manousis, Peter Steenkiste, Srinivashan Seshan, Vyas Sekar
- Conviva with Yan Li and Henry Millner, Summer 2018
- Intel Labs, Dublin, Ireland, Jan - Jul 2015
- Dean's Graduate Fellowship, Carnegie Mellon University, 2015
- Frank J. Marshall Fellowship, Carnegie Mellon University, 2015
- Teaching Assistant, Network Security (18-731) ECE, Carnegie Mellon University, Spring 2019
Reading: A selection of books I read in 2020 and would recommend
Cooking: I'm very much into Italian cuisine and Andrea is my guru
- Los hijos de los dias, by E. Galeano
- Las armas secretas, by J. Cortazar
- How to solve it, by G. Polya
- Naked Money, by C. Wheelan
Languages: I'm a big language nerd and I take foreign language/culture classes for fun. If you're like me, then you might
find the resources of CMU's department of modern languages
Volunteering: When time permits, I volunteer at Zaatar, an Athens-based NGO
that provides support to single refugee women and unaccompanied refugee minors. My help is limited to translating
documents to/from Greek. Consider supporting
their cause, their work is impressive.