I am a fifth year PhD student in the ECE department at Carnegie Mellon University. My research interests lie in the intersection of networks and systems and
my goal is to enhance system reliability through performance predictability and accurate analytics. As of late, I focus of video streaming platforms and want
to make sure they will not fail you mid-episode!
I am very fortunate to have a great team supporting me. I am advised by Vyas Sekar and also collaborate very
closely with Justine Sherry. Prior to CMU, I received my engineering diploma from the National Technical University
of Athens, Greece (2015).
- SLOMO: Contention-Aware Performance Prediction for Virtualized Network Functions
Antonis Manousis, Rahul Anand Sharma, Vyas Sekar, Justine Sherry
In Proceedings of the 2020 ACM SIGCOMM Conference
- Sketchy With a Chance of Adoption: Can Sketch-Based Telemetry Be Ready for Prime Time?
Zaoxing Liu, Hun Namkung, Anup Agarwal, Antonis Manousis, Peter Steenkiste, Srinivashan Seshan, Vyas Sekar
- Conviva with Yan Li and Henry Millner, Summer 2018
- Intel Labs, Dublin, Ireland, Jan - Jul 2015
- Dean's Graduate Fellowship, Carnegie Mellon University, 2015
- Frank J. Marshall Fellowship, Carnegie Mellon University, 2015
- Teaching Assistant, Network Security (18-731) ECE, Carnegie Mellon University, Spring 2019
Reading: A selection of books I read in 2020 and would recommend
Cooking: I'm very much into Italian cuisine and Andrea is my guru
- Los hijos de los dias, by E. Galeano
- Las armas secretas, by J. Cortazar
- How to solve it, by G. Polya
- Naked Money, by C. Wheelan
Languages: I'm a big language nerd and I take foreign language/culture classes for fun. If you're like me, then you might
find the resources of CMU's department of modern languages
Volunteering: When time permits, I volunteer at Zaatar, an Athens-based NGO
that provides support to single refugee women and unaccompanied refugee minors. My help is limited to translating
documents to/from Greek. Consider supporting
their cause, their work is impressive.