SEEDA Software Environment to Support the Early Phases in Building Design
(1992 - 2001)
a joint project with faculty in the School of Architecture and
the Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering at CMU
and the Unversity of Adelaide, Australia;
sponsored by NSF through the EDRC (until 1996), USACERL, Battelle PNL (until 1995),
andbetween 1993 and 2000the University of
a research prototype developed by students and me as part of SEED.
- Flemming, U. and Woodbury, R. "Software environment to support early phases in
building design (SEED): Overview" Journal of Architectural Engineering
- Flemming, U., Zeyno, A., Coyne, R., Snyder, J.
"Case-based design in a software environment to support
the early phases in building design" in Maher, M. L. and Pu, P. (ed.s)
Issues and Applications of Case-Based Reasoning in Design
Lawrence Earlbaum, Mahwah, NJ (1997) 61-85
- Snyder, J. and Flemming, U. "Information sharing in building design" in Proc. CAADFutures'99 Conference
(G. Augenbroe and C. Eastman, eds) Boston: Kluwer (1999) 165-183
- Flemming, U. and Aygen, Z. "A hybrid representation of architectural precedents"
Automation in Construction 10 (2001) 687-699
- Chien, S.-F. and Flemming, U. "Design space navigation in generative design systems"
Automation in Construction 11 (2002) 1-22
Last change made to this page: 22 May, 2006
Back to Ulrich Flemming's research page