(PWR) more events and organizing this week.

From: mtoups@andrew.cmu.edu
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 19:41:28 EDT

Hello PWR,

at the meeting today we decided to really focus on
building the "equal rights/equal benefits" campain
for this fall working with CMU janitors. We've
got a meeting set up with several of the more active
janitors and we really need to turn out for this to
show them we're serious about making change.

So THIS IS IMPORTANT!

* Meeting with CMU Janitor shop stewards.
  10:00 AM Saturday Oct 18th
  UC McKenna Room

also... there are big justice for janitors events downtown
this weekend. we'll be banner making at 5:30pm, Thursday
(Oct 16th) downtown (email us to come with) and then going
to the big demonstration the next day:

* JUSTICE FOR JANITORS RALLY
  8am FRIDAY oct 17

This is the biggest action yet as janitors prepare to
strike at the end of the month. EVERYONE NEEDS TO COME
TO SHOW SUPPORT! email pwr@andrew.cmu.edu to get in touch
so you can get rides to the demos or involved in other
organizing.

AND -- finally, please give one look at this draft to
the trademark licencing office before it gets sent out
on PWR's behalf.
http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~pwr/letter-to-trademark-office.pdf

peace
-matt

ps --- one more announcement for folks interested in the
anti-FTAA campaign: (also, don't forget the ruckus society
training on oct 25th, register now)

El Pueblo Unido! - a benefit to counter the FTAA
 Friday, October 17
 7-10pm
 @ The Daffodil Collective
 (219 S. Winebiddle in Friendship)
$10 ^ all proceeds benefit the Stop the FTAA campaign!
(412) 361-3022 or tmc.events@verizon.net
 Join together for an evening of South American cuisine, Andean music,
free beer, liberating poetry and song. Learn about the local campaign to
stop the Free Trade Area of the Americas - Speakers will talk briefly
about the upcoming global justice demonstrations and the mass mobilization
to Miami. Tickets are $10. Please call 412-361-3022 to make your
reservation. www.thomasmertoncenter.org/ftaa