(PWR) AFL-CIO Organizing Institute has Paid Job Training and Placement in Social and Economic Justice

From: Pilar Schiavo (pilarorganize@planet-save.com)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 10:21:13 EDT

Are you interested in a career working for Social Justice?

The AFL-CIO Organizing Institute is on the CMU campus the week of September 9th and 16th and will be looking to meet graduating seniors who have experience or an interest in working for social and economic justice.

 The Organizing Institute is a paid job training and placement program for people who are interested in becoming union organizers. It's our job to find out who these folks are on CMU campus and let them know about the program, what the work is like and what opportunities exist for people who want to do it. For juniors we have a paid summer internship program called Union Summer where you work for one month on a union campaign while gaining course credit.

If you would like to find out more about job opportunities in the labor movement come to our open presentation on Tuesday September 17th at Porter Hall 223D from 4:30PM to 6:30PM.

For additional information or to set up a meeting to apply to our program contact Pilar Schiavo at:

email: pilarorganize@planet-save.com
pager/voicemail: 888-732-6226

For more information on the Organizing Institute you can go to:
www.aflcio.org