(PWR) still in pittsburgh?

From: mtoups@andrew.cmu.edu
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 15:11:28 EST

if so, you can still be active this week.
check out the rally on april 4th at pitt
for their workers. our contribution to
the national day of action will not be until
the 9th.

---

JUSTICE FOR PITT WORKERS Rally Thursday 12:00 Noon to 1:30pm William Pitt Union Lawn

"So often we overlook the work and the significance of those who are not in professional jobs, of those who are not in the so-called big jobs. But let me say to you tonight that whenever you are engaged in work that serves humanity and is for the building of humanity, it has dignity and it has worth." -- Martin Luther King, Jr. the night before his assassination on April 4, 1968

Denamds: 1. A Living Wage policy; all workers at the University of Pittsburgh must be paid at least $9.12 an hour plus health benefits of $10.62 without, adjusted annually for inflation.

2. Health care benefits for domestic partners.

3. No more backward steps! No more attempts by the Pitt administration to take away benefits that Pitt workers already have, whether by subcontracting or otherwise.

sponsored by the Pitt Living Wage Campaign. part of the National Student/Labor day of Action.

other stuff: ----

Monday, April 1, 7:00 PM - U. Pitt, David Lawrence Hall Room 120 "Plan Colombia, Terrorism, and the war on drugs" a lecture by Sanho Tree, Sirector of Drug Policy Studies at the Institute for Policy Study in DC - sponsored by Students for a Sensible Drug Policy

Thursday, April 4 - 12:30 PM - U of Pgh, WPU porch/lawn Rally for justice for Pitt workers - organized by Students in Solidarity's Living Wage campaign as part of the National Student-Labor Day of Action

Friday, April 5 - 7:00 PM - U of Pgh, David Lawrence Hall Room 120/121 Angela Davis on "Globalism, Terrorism and Gender" - sponsored by CWO, the Women's Studies Department & the Black Action Society

Saturday, April 6 - 9:00 AM - U of Pgh, Posvar Hall, 2M/2P56 Resistance Movements: A Student Teach-In w/ Angela Davis