(PWR) meeting thursday (1987 room), agenda items

From: Matt Toups (mtoups@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 02:54:56 EST

Hello folks.

PWR meeting thursday, 2/7, at 5:30pm.
Class of 1987 room, 2nd floor UC.

We will start off working on a banner and logo
design for our group, something that should come
in handy for our future events. Jamie will be
leading this project.

I believe at the same time Mark Roboff can talk
more on "conspiracy of hope." And Alisha and I
can get us started on our first use of our new
banner tabling next week. Anthony also intends
to put together a group for labor research.

Alisha and I have lots of photos from last weekend's
World Economic Forum protests in New York City.
(http://www.anotherworldispossible.com)

In addition we're really lucky to have Robin Alexander
come in and report on the World Social Forum in
Porto Allegre, Brasil this past week, a progressive
alternative to the WEF. This will happen at the monthly
PLANTA meeting, same location, at 6:30.

So yeah, see ya'll in the UC,
matt.

misc. stuff:

* later thursday 2/7, 7pm, Benedum Auditorium, U. of Pittsburgh.
  Kathy Kelley, founder, voices in the wilderness. She has
  just returned from Iraq and reports on the effects of
  sanctions there.
* also Thurs 2/7 7:30pm, David Lawrence Hall 120 (Pitt) Democratic
  candidate for governor Ed Rendell will speak. Pitt's SIS will grill him.

* Saturday, 2/9 4:30pm - Amnesty hosted activist potluck.
* Sunday, 2/10 3pm David Lawrence 209 - SOA, Terrorism, and Colombia
  Slideshow. A woman from Colombia will speak about her experience.
* Monday, 2/11 9:30 am SEA office - Sports and Exhibition Mtg.
* also Monday, PWR tabling and national USAS day of action for New Era
* Tuesday, 2/12 - Mardi Gras Day
* Wednesday, 2/13 4:30pm, Adamson Wing - Culture Jam, arts in Society Lecture