Recently moved to
Dept of Statistics
University of Kentucky
Lane Center for Computational Biology
Carnegie Mellon University
Send email to [first name] dot [last name] at gmail.com
During my PhD I worked on algebraic statistics and computational geometry,
with applications in sequence evolution. More recently I've been
thinking about statistics and machine learning in computational biology.
18. Parametric k-best alignment submitted
17. A support vector machine based test for incongruence between sets of trees in tree space submitted
(joint work with D. Haws, E. M. O'Neill, D. W. Weisrock, and R. Yoshida)
16. Identification of Differentially Expressed Thyroid Hormone Responsive Genes from the Brain of the Mexican Axolotl (Ambystoma mexicanum) Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, in press
(joint work with C. K. Johnson, A. Schoergendorfer, S. Putta, A. Bathke, A. J. Stromberg and S. R. Voss)
15. Parametric analysis of alignment and phylogenetic uncertainty Bulletin of Mathematical Biology 73(4):795-810 (2011)
(joint work with N. Eriksson and A. Malaspinas)
14. Bayes estimators for phylogenetic reconstruction Systematic Biology, in press
(joint work with W. Li, D. Haws, T. Friedrich, J. Liu and R. Yoshida)
13. Statistical phylogenetic tree analysis using diﬀerences of means Frontiers in Neuroscience (2010)
(joint work with E. Arnaoudova, D. Haws, J. Jaromczyk, C. Schardl and R. Yoshida)
12. Cross species analysis of microarray expression data
Bioinformatics (2009); doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btp247
(joint work with Y. Lu and Z. Bar-Joseph)
11. First steps toward the geometry of cophylogeny submitted
(joint work with M. Owen and R. Yoshida)
Selecting universities: personal preference and rankings submitted.
(joint work with L. Pachter)
9. On the optimality of the neighbor-joining algorithm Algorithms for Molecular Biology, Volume 3 (2008)
(joint work with K. Eickmeyer, L. Pachter and R. Yoshida)
8. Towards the human genotope Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, Volume 69, Number 8, (2007), p 2723--2725.
(joint work with L. Pachter, B. Sturmfels)
7. iB4e: A Software Framework for Parametrizing Specialized LP Problems A Iglesias, N Takayama (Eds.): Mathematical Software - ICMS 2006, Second International Congress on Mathematical Software, Castro Urdiales, Spain, September 1-3, 2006, Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4151 Springer 2006, ISBN 3-540-38084-1 (pp. 245-247)
6. Parametric alignment of Drosophila genomes PLoS Computational Biology, Volume 2, Number 6 (2006) p e73.
(joint work with C. Dewey, L. Pachter, B. Sturmfels, and K. Woods)
5. The hyperdeterminant and triangulations of the 4-cube Mathematics of Computation, in press.
(joint work with B. Sturmfels, J. Yu, and D. Yuster)
4. Fairground game computations Significance, Letters, Volume 2, Issue 2, (June 2005) p92.
(joint with J. B. Kadane and R. Yoshida)
3. A computational study of integer programming algorithms based on Barvinok's rational functions Discrete Optimization, Volume 2, Issue 2, 30 June 2005, Pages 135-144 (joint work with J.A. De Loera, D. Haws, R. Hemmecke, and R. Yoshida.)
2. Three kinds of integer programming algorithms based on Barvinok's rational functions Integer Programming and Combinatorial Optimization: 10th International IPCO Conference. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 3064, Jan 2004, Pages 244-255
(joint work with J.A. De Loera, D. Haws, R. Hemmecke, and R. Yoshida)
1. Short rational functions for toric algebra and applications Journal of Symbolic Computation, Volume 38, Issue 2, August 2004, Pages 959-973
(joint work with J.A. De Loera, D. Haws, R. Hemmecke, B. Sturmfels, and R. Yoshida)