Edward T. Dean
Ph.D. student, Pure and Applied Logic, Carnegie Mellon University
Advisors: Jeremy Avigad and
Department of Philosophy
Baker Hall 135
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890
e(my_last_name) AT andrew.cmu.edu
Office: Doherty 4301C
- Born in Birmingham, AL, USA.
- B.A. Philosophy and Mathematics, Harvard University.
Thesis Advisor: Peter Koellner
- M.S. Logic, Computation and Methodology, Carnegie Mellon University.
Thesis Advisor: Jeremy Avigad
- M.S. Mathematics, Carnegie Mellon University.
- Erdős number: 4
Publications and Preprints
- Metastable convergence theorems
with J. Avigad and J. Rute, draft.
- Algorithmic randomness, reverse mathematics, and the dominated convergence theorem
with J. Avigad and J. Rute, submitted.
- Dedekind's treatment of Galois theory in the Vorlesungen
tech report, CMU-PHIL-184.
- A formal system for Euclid's Elements
with J. Avigad and J. Mumma, Review of Symbolic Logic, 2:700-768, 2009.
- On the dependence of the properties of space upon those of time
appear in Collected Works of Rudolf Carnap, Vol. I.
- Physical concept formation
translation (with A. W. Richardson), to appear in Collected Works
of Rudolf Carnap,
Items that are unintended for publication, but which might have value to some.
- 80-150: Nature of Reason (TA), Fall 2011.
- 21-122: Integration, Differential Equations and Approximation (TA), Spring 2011.
- 80-211: Logic and Mathematical Inquiry, Spring 2010.
- 80-210: Logic and Proofs, Summer 2008
- 80-210: Logic and Proofs, Fall 2007
- 80-210: Logic and Proofs, Summer 2007
- Summer School in Logic and Formal Epistemology, 2006.
- 80-100: What Philosophy Is (TA), Spring 2006