Welcome to Prof. Di Xiao’s research group in the Physics Department at Carnegie Mellon University.
We study a variety of problems in theoretical condensed matter physics. Currently, our research efforts are directed towards understanding and predicting material properties (transport, magnetic, and optical) from the viewpoint of Berry phase and topology. In particular, we are interested in nontrivial topology arising from spin-orbit coupling and many-body interactions, and its applications in electronic and spintronic devices.
- Xiaoou Zhang
- Andrew Smith
- Caitlin Carnahan
- Nishchay Suri
- Yinhan Zhang
- Yang Gao
- Former group members
- Ran Cheng (postdoc) -≫ Assistant Professor at University of California, Riverside
- Wenyu Shan (postdoc) -≫ Professor at Guangzhou University
- Matthew Daniels (student) -≫ postdoc at NIST
- Jianhui Zhou (postdoc) -> Research Staff at High Magnetic Field Laboratory, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Nikhil Sivadas (student) -> postdoc at Cornell