This database provides electronic access to four important sources that
index over 100,000 statistical publications. The ASI, SRI, and IIS components
can be searched individually or in combination.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (1996-present).
- American Statistics Index (ASI) (1973-present).
Statistical information from United States government agencies.
- Statistical Reference Index (SRI) (1980-present).
Statistics published by state governments and private organizations.
- Index to International Statistics (IIS) (1983-present).
Statistics from international and intergovernmental organizations.
Two search methods are available.
- Power Tables takes you directly to individual tables containing
your search terms.
- The indexes and abstracts section enables a user to search the entire
contents of the database.
- CAUTION: Different search strategies are necessary for each section.
Power Tables uses very specific index terms; indexes and abstracts
utilize broader concepts. Using the "Subject List" for the latter
type of search will usually provide the best results.
The print editions of the ASI and SRI indexes and abstracts are available
in Hunt Reference. Hunt Library holds the full text of ASI (1978-present)
and SRI (1980-present) documents on microfiche. Some international statistics
can be located in the University Libraries by searching the library
catalog (CAMEO). Hillman Library (University of Pittsburgh) holds the
IIS microfiche collection.