This website is being updated May 2017. In the meantime, you can find more information about me and my recent research on my CV.
Older news: In 2014, I founded the INFORMS Student Chapter at CMU. Visit the CMU INFORMS site or join the mailing list for more information and details about past/upcoming talks in our student seminar.
ResearchMy research focuses on methodology and applications for discrete optimizations problems. In particular, I work on developing new cutting plane techniques as well as better models and algorithms for computational social choice applications such as kidney exchange markets and fair division of indivisible goods.
Cutting plane methods
Partial Hyperplane Activation for Generalized Intersection Cuts
With E. Balas, F. Margot, and S. Nadarajah. Submitted.
- Previously appeared as a poster, Computational investigation of generalized intersection cuts, at the Mixed Integer Programming Workshop in 2014, where it won the Best Poster Prize.
- See my recent presentation, From final point cuts to V-polyhedral cuts, at the Aussois Combinatorial Optimization Workshop in 2017.
- Appeared as a poster, V-polyhedral cuts, at NemFest in 2017.
Cutting Planes by Tilting
- Appeared as a poster, Cutting planes by tilting, at the Mixed Integer Programming Workshop in 2016, where it won an Honorable Mention in the poster competition.
Computational social choice
Small Representations of Big Kidney Exchange Graphs
With J.P. Dickerson, A. Procaccia, and T. Sandholm. AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2017.
- Previously presented at EXPLORE 2016 at AAMAS 2016, where it was awarded Most Visionary Paper.
Guessing Preferences: A New Approach to Multi-Attribute Ranking and Selection
With P. Frazier. Winter Simulation Conference, 2011.